Monday 30 April 2018

This week. #2

This week...











visited a Roman palazzo.

I received some yarn I ordered for granny squares and socks, and a yard of floral fabric that is brighter than I thought it would be. Still looking for a top pattern to use it.

I am tired already of dealing with my university library. They are so inefficient it's unbelievable, especially for how high the tuition fees are. All the books I need are in a separate warehouse and they can go and pick them up only once a week!!!!!!!! And I can only order five at a time!!!! And I need about a thousand books for my dissertation!!!!!!!!!!!! It's going to be so frustrating, I know already.

I am trying to organize my room a bit. There are crafty projects and books everywhere and although I love every single one of them, my room is only so big and I prefer clear surfaces. 

realized once again how my problems are truly minuscule and how much suffering my mother is carrying on her shoulders, all by herself.

I finished a linen tank top I started working on two months ago. I embroidered Yeats' Aedh Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven on the front, with a thread so similar to the colour of the fabric that it's almost impossible to see. Originally I thought I was going to have to assemble it by hand and that kind of put me off working it for about a month. Now I'm feeling more confident in my sewing machine skills and so it only took me a couple of hours to sew it together and hem everything! I'm so happy with how it turned out. 

started working on my first knitted sweater! I'm only a few rows in and I already know I'm going to make a mess of it. But that's ok - the important thing is to learn.

I am watching The Office again with my brother, every night after dinner. We love it so much.

I saw Infinity War at the cinema and found it incredibly boring. I only went because I love Benedict Cumberbatch so much and I will watch everything he's in until the end of time, but maaaan this was challenging. Really not my kind of thing.

1 comment:

  1. Love your tank top! It's perfect for summer. This reminded that i should use my sewing machine more often and sew my own clothes. Also, a very random movie recommendation; you should watch Mustang (2015), such a great movie i think you're gonna love this one! :)

    ReplyDelete